Thursday, March 10, 2011

Our new life at home

Well it will be a week tomorrow that Xander has been home. It has been great not having to go back and forth and being able to be with the other kids at night as well and not feeling like we never see them and them feeling like mom and dad are never around anymore.  Things at home have been a bit stressful but at the same time if it wasn't i guess i would feel like there was something wrong lol. The first night Xander was home it was crazy, i was scared and happy all at the same time. It does not matter how many times they go over everything with you about meds and how to care for him, you always seem to forget something for just a brief moment and then it freaks you out. I think the first 3 nights having Xander home i walked around the house not know what to do but think to myself of everything that needed to be done for him and at what times and watching the clock so that i did not mess up the dosage times or even forget to give him what he was to have. FINALLY i think i have settled down a bit but not much lol I have his med schedule written out and posted on our fridge and i have alarms to go off on my phone as well to remind me just in case. Xander was able to have his PICC line removed today THANK YOU LORD, that thing was not my friend at all. I had someone ask me the other day, " How is it that you have not completely lost it yet but have kept it all together and have such a positive attitude on this?" My answer to that is, I do it for Xander, all selfishness goes out the window i can promise you that!

No comments:

Post a Comment